Dear Introduction to Corrections Online Student,
Welcome to Introduction to Corrections on the Web. I hope you find this course interesting and use this as an opportunity to acquire another skill for your portfolio. Because of the nature of this course, it is important that you respect and honor your views as well as the views of your peers.
Read this letter carefully.
This course runs from January 24, 2005 - May 16, 2005
You will be able to access course
materials beginning January 24,
Password: Your Social Security number (no spaces and no hyphens)
For example, if your social security
number is 123-45-6789, then your initial
Our web course management system will be Blackboard 5.5. Although you cannot access the course materials site until August 24th, you can access information about Blackboard 5.5 and take a self-guided, self-paced tour:
1. Go to: http://www.blackboard.com
2. Next click on "Demo" under Infrastructure Products.
3. Then read the Demo page and click on "Click here to begin"
Be sure that your speakers are on.
You will able to take a self-guided, self-paced tour of Blackboard 5.5
Please use the following guidelines when sending e-mail to me.
1. In the subject area, enter MGT 266 and clearly identify the topic of your
2. I will check my e-mail every business day (Monday through Friday).
3. Homework assignments will be returned within ten days
Please send me an e-mail from the account that you will use for this course. I will create an e-mail list for the class.
Have a great semester,
Prof. Tangula D. Duhart,
Professor of Criminal Justice