1) One of these molecules is trichloromethane and the other is tribromomethane. Which is which? The larger one is the Bromomethane
2) Which molecule is more polar? The Chloromethane is more polar
3) Which molecule has a longer bond length between the carbon and the halogen? The Bromomethane is longer
4) Which molecule would be more soluble in water? The Chloromethane is more soluble
5) What is the organic chemical reaction called that was used to create these chemicals? Substitution reaction
6) How do the bond angles compare for these molecules? Compare Br-C-Br angle to Cl-C-Cl. Br-C-Br is larger.
7) What are the shapes of these molecules? Variation on a tetrahedral
8) Is there any difference in their chemical reactivity? Chloromethane is more reactive.
9) What is the difference is their bond energy? Chloromethane has more bond energy