The Limits of Temperature for the Gaseous State
Interactive Excel Simulation - Click Here
Answer these questions after manipulation of the simulation.
1) While keeping the temperature the same, how does increasing the molar mass effect the velocity of the particles?
2) While keeping the molar mass the same, how does increasing the temperature effect the velocity of the particles?
3) What is the mathematical relationship that exists between temperature and velocity of the particles?
4) What is the mathematical relationship that exists between molar mass and velocity of the particles?
5) What happens when the temperature is zero?
6) What happens to a molecular gas as the temperature is increased?
7) Is there an upper limit to temperature?
Created by: Jeff Charuhas Wootton High School 6/2003
Return to Modeling and Visualization in Chemistry Workshop webpage.