Course FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Student in this course frequently ask the following questions:1. How much time will this course take?
In general, the college recommends that for each class hour (45 hours) there should be 2 hours per week of homework. With this guide in mind, I planned for 2-3 hours per week for each credit hour -- approximately 6-9 hours each week. You must have time -- or make time -- for this class. If it becomes clear that assignments are taking longer, tell me immediately and I will consider alternatives.
2. How important is it to keep up with the rest of the
3. What if I can't make a deadline?
4. Will this class cover the same material as a face to face class?
The short answer is YES. The class is receiving the same credit value as a face to face class so the material covered has to be the same.
5. How often should I connect to the Blackboard site?
You should connect to the site at least every other day. Remember we communicate through the site and if you are not connecting we are not communicating.
6. How will I know my grades throughout the course?
We will be using the Blackboard grade book feature to keep track of grades throughout the course. Any time you want to see your grades go to the tools section and click on the grade book.