Dear Terrorist Student,
Welcome to Terrorism on the Web. I hope you find this course interesting and use this as an opportunity to acquire another skill for your portfolio. Because of the nature of this course, it is important that you respect and honor your views as well as the views of your peers.
Read this letter carefully.
This course runs from January 24 through May 16
There is no required on-campus orientation; however, orientation is scheduled the evening of Thursday January 21st. Please check the Distance Learning Web Page for specific times. Participation is strongly recommended for first-time online students. All orientation materials are on the Internet. The only required trips to campus are to purchase your textbook package. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to call me (301-322-0753) or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your first stop should be at my home page: http://academic.pgcc.edu/~ehickey
You will be able to access course
materials beginning January 21, 2005
Password: Your Social Security number (no spaces and no hyphens)
For example, if your social security
number is 123-45-6789, then your initial
Our web course management system will be Blackboard 6.1. Although you cannot access the course materials site until August 24th, you can access information about Blackboard 6.1 and take a self-guided, self-paced tour:
1. Go to: http://www.blackboard.com
2. Next click on "Demo" under Infrastructure Products.
3. Then read the Demo page and click on "Click here to begin"
Be sure that your speakers are on.
You will able to take a self-guided, self-paced tour of Blackboard 6.1
Please use the following guidelines when sending e-mail to me.
1. In the subject area, enter CJT-256 and clearly identify the topic. I will respond as soon as possible. If your e-mail is a quick question or comment, I will respond within each business day.
2. I will check my e-mail every business day (Monday through Friday).
3. Evaluation of the discussion questions will be completed within 2 days form the closing date. Grades will be entered immediately after the evaluation of answers.
4. Please send me an e-mail from the account that you will use for this course.
5. If you plan on using a "web" name let me know what it is and who you are so I can identify you for your grades.
Have a great semester,
Professor Edward R. Hickey, Criminal Justice