- Provide a regular, public forum for effective mentoring
- Provide professional development activities for members of the Association and for Administrators of mentorship programs.
- Identify and maintain information on mentoring strategies and programs which research and practice have found to be successful.
- Facilitate the growth of effective mentoring and the implementation and maintenance of mentoring programs.
- Create and maintain support for mentoring among officers and administrators of diverse institutions, organizations, and agencies.
- Support and disseminate materials on research and practices relative to effective mentoring.
- Provide leadership concerning current and emerging mentoring issues.