Prince George's Community College
Upon successful completion of this course, a student
should be able to:
- describe the importance of nutrition in the prevention of a variety of
health problems: heart disease, diabetes, cancer, hypertension, and obesity.
- explain the processes of digestion, absorption, metabolism, and use of nutrients;.
- compare the nutritional value of your diet to recommendations, and propose modifications in order to reduce your risks for developing the problems listed above;.
- critique claims made in product packaging and advertising; and.
- identify controversies involving current nutrition research.