Practice Questions on the Digestive System
- The site of production of cholecystokinin and secretin is the:
- Small Intestine
- Large Intestine
- Alkaline mucous glands are found in the submucosa of the:
- Cardiac region of the stomach
- Fundic region of the stomach
- The _______________________ anchors the liver to the lesser curvature
of the stomach.
- True or False Bile and blood flow in opposite directions in
the liver lobule.
- Which of the following is not a function of the liver?
- Production of bile
- Detoxification of drugs
- Storage of glucose
- Storage of Vitamin C
- The gallbladder:
- Produces bile
- Is attached to the pancreas
- Stores and concentrates bile
- Produces cholecystokinin
- The small fat-filled appendages of visceral peritoneum that hang from
the surface of the large intestine are known as _______________.
- True or False: All digestive organs are intraperitoneal.
- The majority of the absorption of digested nutrients occurs in the:
- Which of the following sphincters is under voluntary control?
- Internal anal
- External anal
- High doses of antibiotics can destroy the bacterial flora of the
large intestine. This can result in impaired:
- Absorption of protein
- Blood coagulation
- Bone resorption
- Respiratory control
- Look at the following layers of the alimentary canal. Arrange them
from closest to the lumen to farthest from the lumen.
- Muscularis externa
- During exercise, the percentage of the cardiac output received by the
digestive organs will ______________.
- Which structure thickens in certain regions of the alimentary canal
in order to act as a sphincter?
- Circular layer of the muscularis mucosae
- Longituidnal layer of the muscularis mucosae
- Circular layer of the muscularis externa
- Longitudinal layer of the muscularis externa
- The internal lip is joined to the gum by the _____________.
- The anterior 2/3 of the tongue is separated from the posterior 1/3 by
- The 3 pairs of extrinsic salivary glands are the:
- Parotid, sublingual, and ethmoidal
- Parotid, buccal, and submaxillary
- Parotid, submandibular, and buccal
- Parotid, submandibular, and sublingual
- Which of the following is correct?
- Adult incisors lack dentin
- Adult incisors lack enamel
- Adult premolars lack cementum
- Adult premolars lack enamel
- None of the above
- At the junction between the esophagus and the stomach, the epithelial
lining changes abruptly from __________________ to _________________.
- Nonkeratinized stratified squamous; simple columnar
- Simple columnar; nonkeratinized stratified squamous
- Nonkeratinized simple squamous; stratified columnar
- Stratified columnar; nonkeratinized simple squamous
- In the stomach, food is turned into a paste called _____________.
- The entire convex lateral surface of the stomach is the ____________.
Go to page:
Go back to my Main A&P
Go to the
index of question topics