to Physical Anthropology"
Dr. A. Habermacher
- Chapter 01 "Introduction" IN Jurmain, Nelson, Kilgore & Trevathan. Essentials of
Physical Anthropology. 4th Edition.
- Patrick Huyghe "Profile of an
Anthropologist: No Bone Unturned." Article 39 In E. Angeloni [editor]. Annual Editions Physical Anthropology
Links Reading Assignment:
- Reading: Go to the Blackboard (Bb) EXTERNAL LINKS area to find the hotlinks
to the web sites for the Society of American
Archeology and the American Association
of Physical Anthropologists. Browse both sites to discover what
kind work opportunities exist for archeologists and physical
anthropologists. What can you do with a degree in archeology or
|C. Online Quiz
- There is a required quiz on Chapter 01 in
"Essentials of Physical Anthropology."
- The quiz is based on the chapter in Essentials of Physical
Anthropology indicated above in section "A. Text Reading Assignment."
Take the current quiz in the Bb ANNOUNCEMENTS area where it will
appear when it is available. You MUST take the quiz during
the availability dates indicated in the announcement. There are NO
MAKE-UPS given for missed quizzes.
Board Conference Assignment:
- General Rules for participation in all the discussion board
conferences during this semester are found in the Bb COURSE DOCUMENTS
menu button area. Please read them carefully.
- Learning unit 01 discussion board conference is required and has
four parts (a, b, c, d). Logon to Blackboard and click the
DISCUSSION BOARD button on the left, then find the "Old Bones
Cafe" and click on it.
Post a message (new thread)
to everyone else in the class/ Tell us something
about yourself - something more than just your name, please.
Read others' introductions. Using the
reply button (at bottom of the message you wish to respond to)
to the introductions of at least two other students.
[c] Post a message (new thread) about
something you discovered
while doing the External Links Reading Assignment
(item B above).
[d] Using the reply button (at bottom of
the message you wish to respond to)
respond to the comments of others
about the two web sites.
Important note: To finish posting a new thread or
replying to an existing one, you must always scroll down and click the
SUBMIT button or your message will not appear in the Conference.
- DB assignments are posted in the Bb DISCUSSION BOARD area.
Discussions are graded and last for ten days unless otherwise
indicated. Primary postings made during the final two days of the
discussion earn no credit since others would not have enough time to
make a considered reply to them. Replies (responses) to the
primary postings of others are also graded and are accepted until
midnight of the day the DB closes. Once a DB closes, you may not post
to it for credit, but you may continue to make additional postings to
a closed DB if you wish to continue a discussion there.
- The entrance essay is required.
- The directions for the entrance essay are found in the Learning
Units menu button area under Learning Unit 01.
- The essay must be submitted as an MSWord (.doc) file or a richtext
- Submit your entrance essay to the Learning Unit 01 area as
Last revision: 19 August