PROGRAM INFORMATION & Theatre
INFO & FORMS
The Theatre and Entertainment Technology Program is a
cooperative venture between Prince Georgeís Community College and the
International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) in Washington D.C.
The College and IATSE have jointly designed the theatre and entertainment
technology program which offers a Certificate program to students interested in
this field. The Theatre and Entertainment Technology Program has two goals.
The First is to provide students with the specialized skills needed to attain
employment in the entertainment technology field. These newly trained
technicians would work at a variety of venues in the greater Washington D.C.
area including, but not limited to, The Kennedy Center, National Theatre, Fordís
Theatre, Warner Theater, Wolf Trap, MCI Center, and their associated
contractors. The second goal is to upgrade and enrich the skills of existing
The Prince George's Community College Theatre Entertainment Program is housed in
the Queen Anne Fine Arts Building. Queen Anne Houses classroom and office space
in addition the facility also Houses the Hallam Theatre space. The Hallam Theatre is a 805
seat Proscenium style theatre with a balcony.
The theatre stage house features:
- 55' x 55' Stage Deck & Extended Apron with a Orchestra Pit and Cover.
- Reconfigurable Proscenium (32'- 48' x 16') Apron
F-Pro (60'-45' x 22')
- Stage Deck has 4 - 4'x8' Traps.
- 32 Single Purchase Fly CW Line Sets, Rigging
System w/Accessible Grid.
- 20' - 12x12 aluminum box truss w/Cm chain hoists
- 283 ETC Dimmers & Insight3 Theatre Console w/ integrated
Architectural System Controls.
- 400 Amp Company Switch.
- HID Follow Spot
- 300+ Lighting Instrument Inventory - In constant
- 2 - VL1000 Automated ERS Luminaries
- 8 - Color Faders - Morpheus 3
- EFX - Fog, Smoke, Pyro, UV Ltg., Strobes, Flame
- Marly Dance Surface
- Clear-com Headset Communication System
- Wireless Walkie Talkie System W/headsets - 6 Units
- 24x4 Mackie Sound Console.
- 4 - 12 ch. Sound Consoles - Digital & Analog Mixers
& Sub Mixers.
- Complete array of Signal processing and Amplification.
- Microphones - Wireless & Wired Support Eq..
- Various Main Speaker and Monitor Speaker Arrays.
- Video & LCD Projection Equipment.
- Hearing Impaired Listening System.
- Scenery Construction Shop - Fully Equipped w/Loading
- T.E.T. Classroom Space.
- Wagon House/Paint Space.
- Men's & Women's Dressing Rooms - Equity Grade.
- Costume Construction Shop, Offices, Dressing Rooms, Laundry
- Scenery & Props Storage Space.
- 52' x 45' LAB Performance & Technical Space.
- Support Offices, Television Studio, Radio Station,
Lobby & Box Office.
Hallam Theatre Stage House Ground/Floor Plan
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge
Additional Performance Spaces Exist on Campus
The Hallam Theatre Is Home to The Hallam Players Theatre Co. & The
Metropolitan Ebony Theatre Co.. We also host many professional performance and
presentation clients all year round.
We have a full compliment of
professionals to meet all your event needs.
THE T.E.T. PROGRAM
Job Placement Opportunities
IATSE & Professional Theatre
Partnerships in Education
The Lowest In State Tuition for All
Maryland & D.C. Residents
Job & Work Study Opportunities
For More Information
Please Call: 301-322-0936