MAT 2460 - Differential Equations
4 credit hours
MAT 2460 presents linear and nonlinear first order equations, linear higher order equations, Cauchy-Euler equations, Laplace transforms, infinite series solutions, and systems of equations. Replaces MAT 246.
Prerequisite: a grade of “C” or higher in MAT 2420 [formerly MAT 242]or equivalent.
Polking, Boggess, and Arnold. Differential Equations, 2nd edition.
PGCC Booskstore (Includes MATLAB) ISBN-10: 0131698222
Upon successful completion of the course, each student should be able to:
1. Classify ordinary differential equations.
2. Select the correct method to solve each classification of differential equations.
3. Investigate more advanced methods of the use of differential equations.
4. Apply differential equations in the solution of problems relevant to their respective fields.
5. Interpret the solutions obtained within their respective fields.