1.           In Counseling, Advising, and Articulation for faculty counselors, by activities such as developing, evaluating, and documenting new services or similar activities, presenting or organizing workshops to support implementation of newly developed services or similar activities; or 

2.          In General, Reference, and Information Technology Skills for faculty librarians, by activities such as researching and implementing new information technologies and/or methods of delivering library services. 

(2)        Departmental/Divisional Participation: (Optional) 

By activities such as mentoring new/adjunct faculty, participating in a departmental committee or project, evaluating faculty, or similar activities, by assuming a leadership role in activities such as coordinating the writing of master syllabi, textbook selection, curriculum review and change, or similar activities. 

(3)        College/Community Service: (Optional) 

By activities such as participating in a college-wide, regional, or national committee or project, leading a short-term committee or event, or similar college-related service, serving on a college-wide task force, running a college-wide project, administering a grant, chairing or serving in a key role on a committee, coordinating a college/community event or program, coordinating a college outreach project, advising or mentoring students, or similar college-related service. 

(4)        Professional Development: (Optional)

By activities such as scholarly or artistic work published internally or externally or presented publicly or professionally, graduate or post-graduate studies or other evidence of commitment to professional growth or achievement in one’s area of expertise, leadership in a professional organization in one’s field of expertise on the regional or national level (e.g. officer, committee member, conference session convener, etc.), or similar activities.

C.        The Tenure Application Process 

Tenure is not automatically granted after the fifth year of service.  Achieving tenure is not a condition of employment at the college.  Faculty members may serve indefinitely without tenure.  Tenure can be granted only by the Board of Trustees, which may grant tenure as it determines such action to be in the best interest of the college. 

Any faculty member eligible to be considered for tenure according to the conditions and criteria listed above in Section A,  may make formal application by completing the Application for Tenure Forms (Forms T) and submitting it to his or her dean by the deadline specified in the timetable.  The dean verifies that all information supplied by the