FORM A-1, MAJOR FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES COMMENTARY
Faculty Member Academic Year ________________
The following major functional responsibilities are the job requirements for faculty counselors.
Use an attachment to address how you are fulfilling these responsibilities. Your commentary should bring to the attention of the ILS any materials or accomplishments related to the major functional responsibilities (MFRs) about which the ILS may not be aware. Typically, two or three pages are an adequate length. Send the original commentary and a copy to the Central File by the due date published by the plan coordinator with copies to your ILS, dean, and, if applicable, coordinator and/or peer. Make sure that you keep a copy for your own files.
MAJOR FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Student Advising. Demonstrates professional knowledge and effective application of student advising.
2. Individual Counseling. Demonstrates professional knowledge and effective application of counseling skills.
3. College Articulation. Demonstrates professional knowledge and effective application concerning college articulation, including current transfer policies and use of ARTSYS.
4. General Administrative Duties. Fulfills administrative duties as required. This may include keeping accurate records, maintaining scheduled office hours, handing in reports in a timely fashion, and responding promptly to requests from the ILS or dean.
5. Departmental Participation. Participates actively and thoughtfully in departmental and divisional responsibilities, including special programs.
6. College/Community Service. Participates in college-related activities either on- or off-campus.
7. Professional Development. Engages in professional activities that enhance professional effectiveness.
8. Professionalism. Carries out duties and responsibilities in a professional manner.