The Honors Program, Marlboro Hall-1089
301-386-7530 Main office
WHAT IS THE HONORS PROGRAM?
The mission of the Prince George’s Community College Honors Program is to promote the intellectual growth and enrichment of academically outstanding students. The program offers a curriculum that challenges and stimulates students through special Honors courses. Members of the college’s Honors Program are provided with many unique opportunities. Some of the benefits include:
A student is admitted to the Honors Program based on his or her scores on the college’s placement examination, high school or college grade point average, and recommendations from professors. Admission is open to full-time and part-time students. New members are accepted throughout the year.
Students with a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average should strongly consider applying.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTINUING IN THE HONORS PROGRAM
1. Maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA;
2. Take at least two honors courses or honors contracts by thetime I leave the college;
3. Abide by the college-wide Student Code of Conduct;
4. Abide the college-wide policy of Academic Integrity;
5. Abide by the Honors Student Center Rules of Use agreement;
6. Inform the Honors Program office staff of any changes in my contact information;
7. Serve as student role model of academic excellence at the college.
Click here to access the Honors Code of Academic Conduct.