- Encourage and support the learning aspect of the student's internship/externship/co-op assignment.
- Designate an employee to serve as student advisor with responsibilities to help orient the student to the site and its culture, to assist in the development of learning objectives, to confer regularly with the student and his/her faculty representative, and to monitor progress of the student;
- Provide adequate supervision for the student and to assign duties that are career-related, progressive and challenging;
- Make available equipment, supplies, and space necessary for the student to perform his/her duties;
- Provide a safe working environment;
- Notify College personnel of any changes in the student's work status, schedule, or performance;
- Allow a faculty representative to visit the work site to confer with the student and his/her supervisor;
- Communicate Site Sponsor policies and standards to College personnel.
Keep a desk copy of the Internship, Externship, Cooperative Education Employer Guide. Printable version available below.
here for Employer Guide for Internships